Job Reference No: CA00116
Job Summary: The person who successfully fills this position will take Responsible for preparing, examining, analyzing, negotiating, and revising contracts that involve the purchase or sale of goods or services such as equipment, materials, supplies, or products.
- Oversee the preparation and revision of contracts that involve the purchase of sale of goods and services.
- Handle the acquisition, distribution, and store of equipment and supplies.
- Dispose of unclaimed property.
- Oversee proposal planning and administration of contracts.
- Negotiate terms and conditions.
- Prepare contract briefs and revisions summarizing contractual requirements and budgets.
- Track authorizations and correspondence.
- Maintain detailed and organized files.
- Prepare contract change notices, monitor contractor performance, including the reporting and status of contractor and owner deliverables.
- Maintain an audit file for each contract which will include original contract, all correspondence, changes/deviations, amendments, clarifications, payment schedules.
- Prepare and disseminate information to appropriate employees regarding contract status, facilitate contractor meetings.
- Ensure that contractor is in compliance with legal requirements, owner specifications and government regulations.
- Perform closing activities as needed.
- Track payments and deadlines.
- Analyze and mitigate risk.
- Provide contract summaries and ensure contract execution in accordance with company policy.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Adobe, Excel, Project, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Internet applications, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Engineering
- 4+ years professional experience as a contract administrator
- Work independently in the absence of supervision
- Previous experience in arch/engineering preferred
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writings
- Commercially oriented with 6+ years of professional experience as contracts manager / quantity surveyor in construction projects.
- Should have experience in project costing and scheduling, preparing responses to proposals, bid preparation, and tendering techniques, contract management as well as procurement management.
- Should be highly flexible, adaptable and ability to work effectively in a multicultural environment.
- Having excellent analytical skill. Possess excellent problem solving skills with exceptional attention to detail and the ability to recognize errors and make necessary corrections.
- Ability to deal effectively with competing priorities and deadlines in a fast-paced environment and react with appropriate urgency to situations that require a quick turnaround.
- Must be capable of interpreting engineering contracts and draft agreements and make appropriate decisions based on assessment, experience and sound judgment.